Student Information

For students who reside outside of Utah and are interested in an online or distance-education program with the University of Utah, we have provided a map to assist with questions regarding our authorization status in their home state.

  • As we gain authorization or exemption (green), this site will be updated to reflect these changes. Restrictions, if any, are noted for each state.
  • Due to differences in each state‚Äôs distance education regulations, the University of Utah may have to meet additional requirements or seek authorization in certain states (grey) before we can enroll residents in our distance-based or online programs.
  • If you live in a state where the University of Utah is not currently authorized, please contact our state authorization coordinator or the advisor for your intended program. Whenever possible, we will seek authorization and programmatic approval rather than deny a student application to our programs based on their state of residence.

Professional Licensure and Practicum Programs

For students interested in nursing, social work, clinical psychology or other academic programs that lead to professional licensure, it is imperative that you understand the regulations and requirements for your home state prior to enrolling in any academic program.

We want to ensure that our programs will help you achieve your goals. If you have additional questions regarding licensure, curriculum, professional exams, or other matters related to your program of interest, please don't hesitate to ask.

Additional Info

Contact State Authorization

Amanda Jean Babcock

(801) 585-5819

Lyndi Duff
(801) 587-7843