TESOL Disclosures

A TESOL certificate can be used in a variety of learning settings, but it is not the same as public school licensure.

The TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) certificate prepares students to teach English to learners in the United States or abroad. The TESOL Certificate is a basic level program. This certificate may be in conjunction with another degree program or as a stand-alone program. It also may be taken as part of an undergraduate degree in Linguistics. Students must complete the certificate enrollment form in order to receive their certificate.  

The TESOL Certificate Program offers the following information for students:

The U of U TESOL Certificate Program FAQs

TESOL International Association/TESOL Information

Job Information

Contact State Authorization

Amanda Jean Babcock


(801) 585-5819

Lyndi Duff
(801) 587-7843